Working at Height – This awareness course can be delivered In-house/on-site anywhere in the West Midlands or as an open course for the public at our venue near Walsall.
Work at height training is essential for anyone having to work off the ground and for those involved in the planning, supervision or management of working at height. The Working at Height Regulations 2005 applies to all work at height, where there is a risk of a fall liable to cause personal injury.
These regulations place duties on employers, the self-employed, and any person who controls the work of others (e.g. facilities managers or building owners who may contract others to work at height) to the extent they control the work.
Employers or managers must make sure the person is competent and fully trained to work at height.
There are no entry or pre-requisites requirements to undertaking this course.
Max No. Delegates:
Who Should Attend?
Work at height training will benefit facilities manager’s, supervisor’s, employers and employees who organise, plan, supervise and carry out work at height and are responsible for their own safety or the employee’s health and safety.
Course Objectives / Key Benefits:
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Have an awareness of the Work at Height regulations
- Properly plan and organise the work at height
- Ensure those working at height are competent
- Understand the need to carry out risk assessments and select the appropriate work equipment
- Know about safe places of work, work equipment and avoidance
- Properly inspect and maintain the equipment for working at height
- Work at height legislation and statistics
- Employer/employee responsibilities
- Types and causes of accidents when working at height
- Risk assessments, method statements and permits to work
- Working at height options
- Safe systems of work
- Types of access equipment i.e. MEWPs, Towers, Podiums, Ladders and Steps, Harnesses
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Harness, Lanyard’s & Anchor Points
- Question and answer session
- Theory question paper
No exam is taken just a multiple choice questionnaire for practical knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
Open Course Dates 2017:
MAR: Mon 6th
MAY: Mon 8th
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512.
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.