This Safety Harness Awareness training provides delegates with the practical knowledge and skills to identify the safe selection, use, storage, maintenance and inspection of harnesses and lanyards. It also covers all the relevant health and safety laws including working at height regulations 2005. Harness safety training is needed for all working at height situations as the consequences of poorly fitted harnesses or incorrect product selection can result in the loss of life.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / PRE-REQUISITES:
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites for taking this course.
(If practical training is required a working at height course is highly recommended)
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for managers, supervisors, employed and self employed who have the responsibility of others or themselves, whilst using fall arrest equipment.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course delegates will:-
- Have an understanding of the relevant legislations associated with the course.
- Be able to identify defects with the fall arrest equipment they will be using.
- Have a basic understanding of the safe and correct use of harness & lanyards.
- Overview of relevant health and safety laws and regulations including working at height regulations 2005.
- Responsibility of employees and their employers under these laws and regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Personal Protective Equipment at work regulations 1992.
- Guidance on when safety harnesses and lanyards need to be worn.
- Understanding the difference between fall arrest and fall restraint.
- Anchorages and selection of approved connectors.
- Pre use and post use inspections.
- Identifying faults and damage.
- Reporting of loss or defective equipment.
- Deployed lanyards and blocks subjected to falls.
- Storage and cleaning of harnesses and lanyards.
- Lifting policy for harnesses and inspections.
- Practical session.
A practical session and a multiple choice questionnaire for knowledge gained through the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512.
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.