A Permit To Work is a formal written system essential for controlling hazardous work. The permit is devised by the company issuing it to meet that companies specific needs. Proper planning and consideration is given to the risks of the work to be done i.e. Limitations, hazard identification, precautions to be taken, Personal Protective Equipment, authorisation etc.
Permit To Work (PTW) forms are issued for different activities, i.e. Entry into Confined Spaces, Working at Height, Hot Works etc. We can introduce clients own work permit form and base the course on that particular permit to work requirements so we won’t waste your valuable training resources on Permits to work that have no relevance to your business.
The issuing of a permit to work should be strictly controlled and should only be issued by competent authorised personnel, the permit must meet the legal organisational requirements. This training course will guide you through the relevant health and safety regulations and provide a practical experience of completing a permit to work form.
Some of the hazards that could arise from an insufficiently monitored Work Permit System:-
- Wrong type of permits being used.
- Failure to recogonise the hazard where work is carried out.
- Terms of work permit not adhered to.
- Wrong information about work required on the work permit.
- Unauthorized staff performing work permit functions.
- Insufficient monitoring of the work permit system.
There are no entries or pre-requisites prior to taking this course.
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors, employees, self-employed, who are responsible for Permits To Work within the workplace.
COURSE OBJECTIVES/KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course delegates will:-
- Understand why Permits To Work should be implemented
- Understand the duties under the Permit To Work system.
- Be able to complete Permit To Work relevant documentation.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant regulations.
- Principles of a Permit to work system
- Types of Permit To Work
- Responsibilities and competence of authorised persons
- Responsibilities of Permit To Work users
- Practical application of a Permit To Work
- Question & Answer session
A multiple choice questionnaire for knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
More Dates to Follow.
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512.
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.