The overhead pendant crane training is to provide the operator with knowledge in the safe use of controls and operating systems to manage a pendant controlled crane and its load. These cranes are used when forklifts or other wheeled vehicles have no access to the area worked in, the only access is above the designated work area. The crane is designed to travel in two directions working off a beam system and is fixed above the work area. The pendant crane is operated electrically by using a handheld push button controller connected by a cable to the crane. The loads are lifted with the help of a hoist and should be secured safely, all lifting operations should be planned, supervised and carried out in a safe manner by operators who are competent.
* This course is delivered at the client’s site only.
There are no entries or pre-requisites required prior to taking this course
1 – 2 Days
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors, employees, self employed, who are responsible for overhead pendant crane operations within the workplace.
COURSE OBJECTIVES/KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Carry out pre-use checks.
- Be familiar with hand controls.
- Explain & demonstrate the operating procedures correctly.
- Be able to attach / detach and secure loads.
- Understand the hazards of overloading, overturning, proximity etc.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Do’s & Don’ts
- Safety Video
- Accessories for lifting: Slings, Hooks, Shackles, Eyebolts and Wire Ropes
- Marking of lifting equipment
- Type of examination, Inspection, defects
- Establishing load weight and centre gravity
- Crane Introduction and controls
- Pre-use checks
- Planning of lift and landing area
- Carrying out a straight line lift with travel
- Q’s & A’s session
- Course evaluation
The course content will depend on the experience of the crane operator and can be delivered over 1 or 2 days.
A practical assessment and questionnaire for knowledge gained through the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
Open course dates are not applicable for this course, it is delivered on clients site only.
Please contact us for a competitive quote.
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
More Dates to Follow
If you require certain dates for in-house training please contact us,
SAVE £s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS:
We offer competitive prices and aim to beat any equivilant training quote.
We now provide in-house courses in evenings and weekends for shift-work patterns.
Our courses can be delivered on-site anywhere in the UK, travel expenses may apply.
WHAT TO DO NEXT?
Discuss with your manager what you should gain from the training and identify any problems that have occurred in the past.
Call today for a free no obligation quote Tel: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form with your enquiry.