This manual handling awareness course will provide guidance of the safe lifting and handling techniques and give an understanding of the relevant regulations, as well as an overview of the risks associated with manual lifting activities. Where possible the manual handling operations should be designed to suit individuals, not the other way round. Good practice on manual handling techniques has an important part to play in reducing the risk of back and other injuries although it should not be regarded as a substitute for a safe system of work.
There are no entries or pre-requisites required prior to taking this course.
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors, employees, self-employed, who are responsible for manual lifting and handling within the workplace.
COURSE OBJECTIVES/KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Outline the hazards and risks associated with manual handling activities.
- Outline measures to reduce the risks.
- Demonstrate application of good posture and efficient movement.
- Principles in a range of scenarios.
- Manual handling operations regulations 1992
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at work Regs 1999
- Causative factors and types of musculoskeletal injuries
- Principles of good posture and efficient movement
- Assessing what is required for; task, load, work environment, individual capability, PPE
- Avoiding hazardous manual handling operations
- Practical application
A multiple choice questionnaire for practical knowledge gained through the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
OPEN COURSE DATES:
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.