Ladder Safety Training – Course/s available near Walsall, West Midlands. This course is an awareness course available to delegates with transport accessible in the following areas: Walsall, Wednesbury, Dudley, Sandwell, West Bromwich, Oldbury, Tipton, Coseley, Bilston, Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Cannock.
An understanding of the health and safety Working at Height Regulations 2005 comes into effect with this course. Delegates will learn when and when not to use ladders and the advantage’s and dis-advantage’s of ladder types and use.
All employer’s should ensure that when working at height where there is risk of a fall, they must ensure all work is properly planned and organised. Ladders are only used for low risk short duration work and where a risk assessment shows no other equipment and all other safer means of access cannot be used. Ladders are involved in more accidents working at height than any other equipment. The correct techniques when using ladders is given thorough consideration in this course i.e. Ways of preventing from slipping during use, but also a highlight of the dangers when working with ladders and how to maintain and inspect the equipment.
This course can be delivered In-house/on-site or as a scheduled open public course. Ladder safety awareness is aimed for anyone having to use leaning ladders or step-ladders during their daily work routine.
There are no entries or pre-requisites required prior to taking this course.
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for managers, supervisors, employees, self employed, who are responsible for the safe use and maintenance of ladders within the workplace.
COURSE OBJECTIVES/KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course candidates will:-
- Have knowledge of the Work at Height Regs 2005 and other relevant regulations
- Be aware of the advantages and dis-advantages of ladder materials
- Be aware of user responsibilities and the storage and maintenance of ladders
- Know when to use ladders or stepladders
- Knowledge of how to perform a ladder pre-use inspection for damage or defects
- Knowledge of how to fill in ladder documentation
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Other legal requirements and guidance
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Classes and types of ladder and stepladder
- Planning, organising, selecting and using ladders and stepladders
- Ladder pre-use inspection procedures (Ladder Logs)
- Safe use of ladders (Do’s & Don’t s)
- Ladder storage & maintenance
A multiple choice questionnaire for knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
Mon 10th July
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.