IOSH Managing Safely v5.0 (3 Days) – FH Safety Services Ltd is an Approved IOSH training provider, delivering health and safety training courses in the West Midlands and most areas of the UK.
· All training is delivered by qualified experienced health and safety professionals at competitive prices.
· See Managing Safely course costs below or call now for a free no obligation quote: 0121 531 0512
IOSH Managing Safely is a flexible classroom based health and safety awareness course, targeted to equip those who manage others and manage risk and resources ie; workplace Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and other key members of staff, with the knowledge and practical skills to tackle health and safety issues within their teams. Please view below the aims, outcomes and course content for detailed information regarding this course.
FH Safety Services are advertised on the IOSH Training Provider Database: Please insert the following link on google – www.iosh.co.uk/Training/Trainer-directory (At the bottom left hand side of the Trainer Directory page, type our company name in the Training Provider search).
There are no pre-entry requisites prior to taking this course.
3 or 4 Days (Flexible)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those who manage others and manage risk and resources ie: Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and anyone in any sector or organisation who have responsibilities under the many health and safety regulations. Ideal for keeping managers skills up-to-date when dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace.
- To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace
- To enable managers and supervisors to recognise how they can influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
The learner will be able to:
1 Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
2 Define the key terms relating to safety and health
3 Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
4 Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
5 Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
6 Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
7 List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
8 Describe the principles that underpin good safety and health performance
Module one: Introducing managing safely,
- The three key moral, legal and financial reasons for managing safely
- Manager responsibility and accountability for safety and health in the workplace
Module two: Assessing risks
- Definitions of the terms ‘hazard’, ‘hazardous event’ and ‘risk’
- Definition of the term ‘risk assessment’
- Definition of the terms ‘likelihood’ and ‘consequence’
- Risk assessment process and risk rating systems
- The benefits of carrying out risk assessment
Module three: Controlling risks
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably practicable’
- How to evaluate risk using a risk matrix and how to control those risks
- How to reduce risk by applying the ‘hierarchy of risk control’
- How implementing risk controls can impact the likelihood of an incident, consequence of an incident or both factors
- Definition of the term ‘residual risk’
- Modules two and three should include a practical activity to spot hazards, assess and control risk
Module four: Understanding responsibilities
- An overview of what the law requires an organisation to do to protect the safety and health of workers and other persons under its control
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably foreseeable’
- The three knowledge tests to help determine ‘reasonably foreseeable’ risks: common, industry and expert knowledge
- The difference between criminal law and civil law in relation to safety and health
- The possible outcomes of not working within the law
- Where to find help and guidance for working within the law
- The key parts, and the elements of each part, of a health and safety management system
- The key benefits of introducing a health and safety management system
- Why leadership is an essential part of a health and safety management system
Module five: Understanding hazards
The six main hazard categories and how hazards can fall into more than one group:
Common hazards in the workplace, their effects and symptoms and how to manage them. Hazards covered are:
– aggression and violence
– computer workstations
– confined spaces
– drugs and alcohol
– getting in and out
– manual handling
– plant and machinery
– slips and trips
– vehicles and transport
– any other relevant hazards
Module six: Investigating incidents
- Definition of the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘near miss’
- Reasons to investigate incidents
- The benefits of incident investigation
- Definition of the terms ‘immediate’, ‘underlying’ and ‘root’ causes in relation to incidents
- The actions to be taken following an incident
- Incident reporting
- The stages of a structured approach to incident investigation
Module seven: Measuring performance
- The three essential principles for good safety and health performance
- What types of information performance indicators can give to help improve safety and health in the workplace
- The characteristics of good key performance indicators
- The differences between ‘proactive’ and ‘reactive’ performance indicators
- What is meant by ‘auditing’
- The two types of auditing: internal and external
- Types of evidence used in an audit
A 25 multi-format assessment paper.
A practical workplace risk assessment project based on their own work environment.
An IOSH Managing Safely (nationally recognised) certificate will be awarded to all successful candidates.
(If further studying is needed the next step is the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety).
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
Our prices are all inclusive and include: Tuition, Assessment Fees, Course Workbooks, Certificates, Refreshments and Free Parking at the venue.
IOSH MANAGING SAFELY IN-HOUSE COURSE FEES/PRICES:
3 Delegates @ £300 Per Person + VAT (3+ extra delegates @ £150PP + VAT)
10 Delegates @ £1950 + VAT (10+ extra delegates @ £95PP + VAT)
Travel expenses may occur.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.