Forklift Truck Training (Counterbalance up to 5 ton) – Employees should be adequately trained to comply with health and safety legislation. This course gives an insight of the risks and hazards when working with fork lift trucks. We provide the basic knowledge and practical skills needed for operating a fork lift truck whether its refresher training, semi-novice or a complete novice.
This training will take place on the client’s own business premises using their own fork lift trucks at a time to suit their business, this minimise’s work interruptions and removes the need for their employees to travel, the operators also get used to the truck they will be working on. This course follows guidance of the rider-operated lift trucks Approved Code of Practice.
* Training available on client’s site only.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / PRE-REQUISITES:
A good knowledge of verbal and written English language is required.
1-3 days depending on the experience of the delegate.
1 Day – Refresher (For those who already hold a certificate).
This course is designed to give the trained certified truck operator whose certificate is up for renewal, a refresher training day on skills they would have learned when first qualified.
2 Days – Semi-Novice (Experienced but operator has no certificate). This course is designed to give the truck operator who hasn’t had any formal certificated training but has had extensive practical experience. They must be competent in all aspects of operating the machine they are to be trained on.
3 Days – Novice (Operator with limited experience of using a forklift truck). This course is designed for the novice who has no operational skills on any type of manual handling equipment.
MAX NO. DELEGATES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Everyone with the responsibility for the safe operation of lift trucks i.e. Employers, controllers of work sites, managers, supervisors or operators and others involved with lift trucks.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / KEY BENEFITS:
By the end of the course delegates will:-
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Configure the forklift for travel
- Knowledge of safety measures involved when using a forklift
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Approved Code of Practice
- To identify the basic construction components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Carry out all pre-use running checks
- Configure the forklift for travel
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Ensure load security and stability
- Manoeuvre in confined and open areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load
- Lift, move various loads to minimum and maximum range of the forklift
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. Rating plates, and applicable regulations
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition
A theory test and practical assessment of knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
Refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
OPEN COURSE DATES:
Open dates are not applicable for this course it is delivered on clients site only, contact us for a competitive quote.
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512.
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.