Abrasive Wheels training (Half day) Feb: Mon 26th 2018, open public course in Wednesbury, W-Mids WS10.
Special Offer for abrasive wheel training on client’s site: Book 1 half day Abrasive Wheels private course at our full price – and Get 2nd half day health and safety course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
All our training is available for the West Midlands and surrounding areas plus most areas of the UK.AIM OF ABRASIVE WHEEL TRAINING
This Abrasive Wheels course will provide delegates with the guidance and knowledge of the hazards and risks involved when using abrasive wheels ie: Wheel breakage or bursts, contact or entanglement with the running wheel, dust inhalation, noise and vibration when using abrasive wheels.
This course also includes the safety procedures used to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). The practical control measures required are that authorised operators must be trained in the use and changing of abrasive wheels.
A good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
MAX NO OF DELEGATES:
8 (16 Full Day)
By the end of the course delegates will have knowledge of:-
- The Health & Safety regulations associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Understanding and identifying the markings of abrasive wheels
- The safety aspects of, handling, transporting, storing of abrasive Wheels
- Understand the mounting procedures and precautions
- Recognise hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Understand the precautions to reduce accidents in the workplace
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- Ways of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Inspecting and testing abrasive wheels for damage
- Functions of components used with abrasive wheels
- Assembling and balancing abrasive wheels
- The correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Theory and Practical (Inspection of abrasive wheel and if possible changing and fitting a wheel)
- Q & A session
A practical assessment (If applicable) and a multiple choice questionnaire will take place for knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course and refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for all operators, managers, supervisors who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels.
OPEN COURSE DATE/S:
FEB: Mon 26th 2018
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business?
Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace?
For short notice In-house group courses at your premises please call us.
Our courses can be delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, additional travel expenses or overnight costs may apply.
Competitive prices for small to large organisations.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.