Abrasive Wheels training (Half day) course In-house/on clients site in the West Midlands. Also available as a scheduled open course suitable for delegates in the following areas: Wolverhampton, Bilston, Willenhall, Wednesbury, Walsall, Tipton, Dudley, Sandwell, West Bromwich, Birmingham.
AIM OF ABRASIVE WHEELS AWARENESS
Abrasive wheels awareness provides delegates with the knowledge of the hazards and risks involved when using abrasive wheels and the safety procedures used to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) and the Approved Code of Practice for abrasive wheels.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / PRE-REQUISITES:
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites for this course.
MAX NO OF DELEGATES:
8 (16 Full Day)
By the end of the course delegates will have knowledge of:-
- The Health & Safety regulations associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Understanding and identifying the markings of abrasive wheels
- The safety aspects of, handling, transporting, storing of abrasive Wheels
- Understand the mounting procedures and precautions
- Recognise hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Understand the precautions to reduce accidents in the workplace
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- Ways of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Inspecting and testing abrasive wheels for damage
- Functions of components used with abrasive wheels
- Assembling and balancing abrasive wheels
- The correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Theory and Practical (Inspection of abrasive wheel and if possible changing and fitting a wheel)
- Q & A session
A practical assessment (If applicable) and a multiple choice questionnaire will take place for knowledge gained throughout the course.
FH Safety Services Ltd will award a certificate of attendance on completion of the course and refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for all operators, managers, supervisors who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels.
OPEN COURSE DATES 2017:
MAY: Mon 22nd
JUN: Thu 29th
JUL: Mon 24th
(Please check our calendar link below for more dates and courses we offer)
SAVE POUNDS ON YOUR WORKPLACE TRAINING COSTS!
For short notice In-house group courses at clients own premises please call us, we may be able to accommodate your workplace safety training. We now offer in-house training for evenings and weekends shift-work patterns.
Our courses can be delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, additional travel expenses and overnight costs may apply.
Competitive prices for small to large organisations.
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING SPECIAL OFFER:
Book 1 half day in-house course at full price – Get 2nd half day course on same date, at the same premises for £200 + VAT!
Ladder Safety Awareness, Lone Working, Manual Handling, Permit To Work, Safety Harness Awareness, Working at Height.
SAVE £’s ON YOUR TRAINING COSTS!
Require the training at your premises to reduce impact to the business? Have a group of new starters or existing employees needing an understanding of health and safety in the workplace? Our courses are delivered on-site/venue anywhere in the UK, travel and overnight stay expenses may apply.
For a free no obligation competitive quote call: 0121-531-0512
Alternatively fill in our customer enquiries form.